Training For Teachers & Family CaregiversAkshadha Foundation is running Equip the Special Million outreach project with the aim to Train-Include and Empower the parents and trainers working with children with diverse disability conditions.
Train the Trainers programTo empower the community workers to identify and intervene developmentally challenged children and train the parents in intervening them.
Outcome of the Train the Trainer program
- Receive certificate after course completion, reinforcing the learning by making trainers alumni to ensure and continue the desired impact from the project
- can build a in the field to empower developmentally career challenged children
Outcome of the Parents Training Program
- Receive Certificate after course completion, reinforcing the learning by making parent ambassador, to ensure and continue the desired impact from the project
- The Parents can have a better understanding of the situation of the challenges which in turn would improve their child’s life.
- Refer more parents involved to avail training so that millions of needy population can be reached.
- support other parents through parents- support group
The unique features of Equip the Special Million project
- The Training fee is pocket friendly and can train oneself sitting at home with a smart phone
- It is focused more on practical interventions and ways of application along with theoretical knowledge.
- It is designed for parents to structure home learning environment, the ideas to use household available materials for therapy, the learning materials which they can easily make at home
- The training program is designed to cater specific age groups, disability condition needs and intervention techniques. Each training program is customised for different groups and their needs making specific result oriented outcome.
- Each groups are of smaller size so that individual attention, child specific assignments can be given to the participants.
The reach of benefits
- Sub urban /rural areas where rehabilitation team reach is minimal
- Smaller towns, NGOs where there is no such facility to avail such training program which is customised and inclusive of all domain knowledge.
- Families with poor financial condition can avail service from domain based professionals like occupational therapist, speech therapist, behavioural therapist