- Masters in Inclusion and Special Education Needs from University of Northampton, UK
- Completed Women Entrepreneur program through Goldman Sacs 10K program at NSRCL, IIM, Bangalore
- RCI certified Special Educator specialized in the field of Autism Spectrum Disorder from Manipal University Registration No. B57924
- Arts Based Therapy Practitioner from WCCLF Pune
- Masters in Food and Nutrition Science, Kolkata University
- ED Degree from Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Kolkata
- Diploma in Computer Networking Technology
The Founder Managing Trustee of the non profit trust named Akshadhaa Foundation which is working for last 9 years towards rehabilitation for population with autism and intellectual disabilities from age group of 3 years to 18 + and above providing therapeutic intervention, comprehensive school program and vocational skill training.
With the expertise and experience of working with children with autism in behaviour modification and building independent work skill in their adolescent age, she and her team are venturing different vocation areas and building training modules in the field of back end office job, housekeeping, back end cafeteria training, cooking and baking, garden maintenance and farming.
She is heading Blessings Social Enterprise, the marketing wing of Akshadhaa Foundation, which is branding and selling the products of the training units to the local market and thereby providing stipend to the trainee candidates.
She is the key person behind the concept of “Equip the Special Million”, the PAN India project of training and empowerment for the trainers, educators, parents and caregivers through capacity building training courses, workshops and seminars.
She is the guest speaker in different corporate houses and educational institutions and working towards creating awareness and sensitizing the community towards people with autism and intellectual disability.
Inclusive Carnival is the brain child of hers which has been conceptualised and designed to create a social platform for the people with different ability to share the space with community people, showcasing their skill, workability in a non threatening environment and at the same time make the community come forward to include these specially abled population in their workforce and life. Dell, Shell, Goldman Sachs, Accenture, 24×7, ANZ bank, Allegis, Christ University, Heritage school, Foundation school, CMR school are some of the eminent organisations where she has sensitised more than 5000 employees and student community.
LOVEFEST is another such virtual medium community platform which was created by her to showcase the skills and talents of the population with different abilities and to bring visibility to their talents during COVID time.
She has opened the door of collaboration with different educational institutions like Kristu Jayanti college, CMR college, Monfort college, St Anns college, St. Josephs college, Garden city college of physiotherapy, Sri Chandrasekhar Institute of Speech and hearing forAkshadhaa Internship program for the students from the field of psychology, social work, MBA and physiotherapy, speech therapy to come and get exposure to learn in the field of disability.
Awards and acknowledgements
- Topper of the batch of Diploma in Special Education- Autism Spectrum Disorder, 2010
- Receiver of Dr. Amarnath Annual Award for Inclusion for 10 years of service in this field
- Receiver of Goldman Sacs 10K women entrepreneur program scholarship at IIM Bangalore
- Receiver of N S Hema Memorial Award for being the “Outstanding NGO in the disability sector South India”.